Visual Storyteller (Lead Designer)
full time, 45+ hours/week
Embrace Church is currently seeking a passionate designer to join our small but ambitious Creative Team! This is a full-time role, based in Sioux Falls, South Dakota.
The role is a central staff position working 45+ hours each week in support of our physical locations and the overall brand of Embrace Church. The Visual Storyteller is responsible for executing the design aesthetic of Embrace and helping lead, manage, and enhance the look and feel of Embrace through the direction of the Creative Director.
- Execute all graphic design work including series art, ministries art (groups, missions, students and kids), social media assets, website, special events, videos and any other design needs that arise.
- Help guide the overall brand/aesthetic of Embrace including way finding, signage and logos while seeking to create a great user experience for those who experience Embrace.
- Help produce video and photo projects from concept through completion; coordinate with other teams and individuals to create an overall vision for the project. Alongside the Video Editor and Creative Director, develops original and meaningful concepts and scripts for video and other visual storytelling projects.
- Work closely with contractors and volunteers, including video editors, motion graphics or photographers, on videos or other communications, teaching and coaching them to better execute the Embrace standard.
- Seek out and innovate ways for Embrace to be a more creative experience. This includes art/design related to the Sunday morning experience including the parking lot, lobby, kids’ spaces and sanctuary.
- Provide creative quality control over concepts and execution.
- Seek out ways for Embrace design to be more than pixels. For design to include all facets of art, including painting, sculpting, hand lettering, drawing, photography, etc.
- Provide real-time, day-of photos for Sunday morning social media usage.
- Collaborate with Embrace worship and production leaders on service flow, design aesthetic and other shared projects or priorities.
- Manage all creative and video files both during post-production and the archiving stage, ensuring efficient retrieval of archived file. Archives and organizes projects to brand quality and technical standards.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and ensures timely completion of deliverables.
- Must be highly adaptable and willing to adjust as initiatives and direction changes.
- Proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite with an emphasis in Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- Must have a strong understanding of print requirements in regard to color, pixel density, layout, etc.
- Should be a pioneer in design, constantly seeking out new trends and ideas.
- A highly collaborative approach to work and creation.
- Never settles for “good enough,” but always pushes toward excellence.
- Experience with video editing and production and photography preferred.
- Big picture thinker and compelling storyteller.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to manage differing viewpoints so the final product remains true to the objective.
- An authentic follower of Christ who is pursuing the Lord with his/her heart, mind and soul.
- A life growing in all aspects of the fruit of the Spirit (love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control).
- Never pursuing second-rate, always pursuing excellence in everything.
- Leader with strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Hard-working, but loves to have fun.
- Willing to go the extra mile.
- Have the ability to create and foster a team environment and sense of unity among team members.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Passionate about reaching the next person for Jesus.
- Involved in the heart and life of Embrace (small group, events, etc.).
- Become a partner of Embrace.