Embrace Church is currently seeking a passionate designer to join our small but ambitious Creative Team! This is a full-time roll, based in Sioux Falls, South Dakota.
The role is a central staff position working 45+ hours each week in support of our physical locations and the overall brand of Embrace Church. The Visual Storyteller is responsible for executing the design aesthetic of Embrace and helping lead, manage, and enhance the look and feel of Embrace through the direction of the Creative Director and the Communications Manager.
- Execute all graphic design work including series art, ministries art (groups, missions, student and kids), social media, website, special events, and any other design needs that arise.
- Help guide the overall brand/aesthetic of Embrace including way finding, signage and logos while seeking to create a great user experience for those who experience Embrace.
- Seek out and innovate ways for Embrace to be a more creative experience. This includes art/design related to Sunday morning services including the parking lot, lobby, kids’ spaces and sanctuary.
- Lead other contracted and volunteer designers, teaching and coaching them to better adhere to the Embrace standard.
- Seek out ways for Embrace design to be more than pixels. For design to include all facets of art including painting, sculpting, hand lettering, drawing, photography, etc.
- Recruit and develop volunteers to help manage possibilities.
- Must be highly adaptable and willing to adjust as initiatives and direction changes.
- Proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite with an emphasis in Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- Must have a strong understanding of print requirements in regard to color, pixel density, layout, etc.
- Should be a pioneer in design, constantly seeking out new trends and ideas.
- A highly collaborative approach to work and creation.
- Never settles for “good enough”, but always pushes towards excellence.
- Able to work and collaborate with individuals from a variety of teams and ministries on any given project.
· An authentic follower of Christ who is pursuing the Lord with his/her heart, mind, and soul.
· A life growing in all aspects of the fruit of the Spirit (love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self‐control)
· Thinks completely outside of the box and then … makes it happen
· Never pursuing second‐rate, always pursuing excellence in everything
· Leader with strong leadership and organizational skills
· Hard‐working, but loves to have fun
· Willing to go the extra mile
· Have the ability to create and foster a team environment and sense of unity among team members
· Passionate about reaching the next person for Jesus
· Involved in the heart and life of Embrace (small group, events, etc.)
· Become a partner of Embrace