- How has 2020 honestly been for you? What is something you feel like you need a break from?
- Do you often stop to take a break? What does that time generally look like for you?
- Adam mentioned three main things we might need to take a break from: our schedules, our phones, and overthinking. Which one resonates with you the most that you need to take a break from? Why?
- Do you typically feel more drained or less drained after a break? What’s something you can do to actually refuel next time you take a break?
Read Matthew 11:28-30 (MSG)
“Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you’ll recover your life. I’ll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won’t lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you’ll learn to live freely and lightly.”
- What stands out to you from this passage?
- What do you think it means when Jesus says “Walk with me and work with me”?
Here are some apps that you can use to refuel and spend time in the Word daily with prayer and meditation.
- Hallow - Catholic Meditation: https://hallow.com/
- Lectio 365: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/lectio-365/id1483974820, https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.prayer247.lectio365&hl=en_US&gl=US
- YouVersion: https://www.youversion.com/the-bible-app/
Make The Change
- What are you going to take a break from this week? How are you going to use that time to refuel instead?