Social Media & Online Coordinator
full time,40 hours/week
Embrace Church is currently seeking an online and social media guru to join our small but ambitious Creative Team! This is a full-time role, based in Sioux Falls, South Dakota.
The role is a central staff position working to support our physical locations, online campus and the overall brand of Embrace Church. The Online Coordinator is responsible for creating and executing compelling online content through the direction of the Creative & Communications Director.
As the Social Media & Online Coordinator, you’ll be an important part of Embrace’s Creative Team, helping to build engagement and trust with our digital audiences. Top-notch communication skills are a must, as you’ll be working with multiple teams to ensure excellence in all text, image and video content created for our platforms.
- In a nutshell, you’ll help us communicate the vision and values of Embrace online!
- Write, schedule and post compelling and meaningful content to Embrace’s social media platforms and website. Consistently monitor social media channels and respond to comments, likes and other interactions in a timely and meaningful manner.
- Raise up a team of volunteers to engage in online conversations on Sunday mornings and during special events, including online large groups.
- Work with the Creative Team to craft content for various marketing campaigns for message series and special events. After each campaign, review analytics, measure success and provide recommendations that will inform future efforts.
- In collaboration with Embrace’s Visual Storyteller, capture and package key messages and relevant other content from Embrace messages.
- Craft compelling emails that people will want to open and maintain Embrace’s email lists.
- Keep Embrace’s website and online profiles up-to-date and crazy accurate.
- Coach and inspire fellow staff members and volunteers on how to use social media in a cohesive and beneficial way.
- Be a fun and helpful participant in weekly planning and strategy meetings with the Creative Team meetings.
- Disseminate Sunday materials, including sermon notes and graphics, to network churches.
- Other duties as assigned that will keep Embrace’s Creative Team running efficiently and effectively.
Desired Qualifications & Skills
- You’re a whiz at the ins and outs of all social networks, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. You genuinely love experimenting with the latest social trends and are always pursuing new ideas.
- Excellent communication skills and a keen eye for detail. You’re an authentic human being on social media, but can also have an eye for correct grammar.
- Comfort in front of a live camera; possesses the ability to think on your feet in a conversational and fun way.
- Ability to turn around projects on short timelines.
- Previous content communication experience.
- Customer service-related experience.
- Love working on a team as much as you love posting on Insta!
- An authentic follower of Christ who is pursuing the Lord with his/her heart, mind, and soul.
- A life growing in all aspects of the fruit of the Spirit (love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self‐control)
- Thinks completely outside of the box and then … outside of that box
- Never pursuing second‐rate, always pursuing excellence in everything
- Leader with strong leadership and organizational skills
- You love people in real life & online
- Hard‐working, but loves to have fun
- Willing to go the extra mile
- Have the ability to create and foster a team environment and sense of unity among team members
- Passionate about reaching the next person for Jesus
- Involved in the heart and life of Embrace (small group, events, etc.)
- Become a partner of Embrace