Share this if you love Jesus
sunday, May 19th, 2019
- What was your first email address and what’s the story behind it?
- Have you ever received a post or email about God that someone told you to share? How did that make you feel?
- Read Matthew 15:1-7. What stands out to you about this passage?
- Superstition is an unrealistic belief in cause and effect—a belief that if I do this then God will do that. As Christians, we can be a little superstitious about our faith. In what ways have you seen superstition in your own relationship with God?
- God wants sincere spirituality that is focused on the heart. What does sincere spirituality look like to you? How can you keep yourself from “going through the motions?”
- Travis shared an example equation of how we try to make God happy: 2 church attendances + owning a bible - swearing - drinking + baptism + 1 great Jesus post = Happy God. Take a few moments to think about what your own equation would look like then share with the group.