- What ways do you see beauty around you every day?
- Think of a time when you paused and noticed something beautiful? What keeps you from pausing more often?
- God can take anything in your life and make it beautiful. He makes broken things beautiful. How does this change the way you see any brokenness in your own life?
- What is something that seems broken on the surface, but beautiful the more you look into it?
- Beauty isn’t meant to be a picture, but a window through which we see God. When we see something beautiful, we should see some aspect of God. What are beautiful things that help you clearly see God?
Read Psalms 50:1-2
The God of gods, the mighty Lord himself, has spoken!
He shouts out over all the people of the earth
in every brilliant sunrise and every beautiful sunset,
saying, “Listen to me!”
God’s glory-light shines out of the Zion-realm[b]
with the radiance of perfect beauty.
This passage suggests that God calls our attention to His words through the things we see. When was a time that something you saw brought your attention and focus to God?
Read Psalms 63:2-5
I have seen you in your sanctuary and gazed upon your power and glory.
Your unfailing love is better than life itself; how I praise you!
I will praise you as long as I live, lifting up my hands to you in prayer.
You satisfy me more than the richest feast. I will praise you with songs of joy.
In this Psalm, David is moved to worship when he encounters the presence and beauty of God. What are aspects of God’s beauty that move us to thank God and worship Him?
Make The Change
Adam shared a story about Dwight and how he helped a family in his neighborhood. What is something you can do this week to bring God’s beauty and heart to the things around you?
Find at least one instance this week to pause and see the beauty of God.