- The peace you have is determined by the place you run. What do you run toward to find peace?
- What keeps you from running to God to find that same peace?
- Do you want to step out of your comfort zone? Why or why not?
- What would you do if you knew you were protected by God through it?
- It’s one thing to be protected from chaos, it’s another thing to have peace through it. What areas of your life have you had trouble finding peace?
- Why or when do you find that you’re “knocked out of normal” in life?
Read through these verses and let this truth sink in. Believe that you can run to God first when peace is lost.
Isaiah 32: 16-18:
The Lord’s justice will dwell in the desert,
His righteousness live in the fertile field.
The fruit of that righteousness will be peace;
its effect will be quietness and confidence forever.
My people will live in peaceful dwelling places,
in secure homes, in undisturbed places of rest.
Those who live in the shelter of the Most High
will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
The Lord says, “I will rescue those who love me.
I will protect those who trust in my name.
“The peace you have is determined by the place you run.”
Write this down and put it somewhere you’ll be reminded of it, such as your car or on your bathroom mirror. Let this become a truth you run to when you feel lost.
Make The Change
List the top three places that you run other than to Jesus. As you go through your week, how can you take steps to eliminate those things? What can you do to run to Jesus instead?
Reading and knowing Scripture is a great way to run towards Jesus. Here are a few YouVersion Bible plans if you’re looking for a place to start:
Experiencing God's Peace:
From Anxiety to Peace:
21 Days In The Gospel Of John With Levi Lusko:
How to Start Reading the Bible:
A 7-Day Guide To Prayer: