- When was a time that you wanted something so badly, you would do or say anything to get it? How did it work out?
- What do you really want? Is it the same thing you wanted 5, 10, or 15 years ago? Why do you think our “wants” change over the years?
- What do you want those closest to you to say at the end of your life? Does your answer to this question align with what you really want?
Read Galations 5:22-23
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control.
- How have you experienced Jesus giving you what God wants for your life instead of what you thought you wanted?
- Of the Fruits of the Spirit in Galations 5, which one sticks out to you the most and why?
Make The Change
”If I could have ____ everything else would fall into place.”
- How would you fill in the blank in this phrase?
- If your answer is anything but Jesus, what choices can you make this week to want Jesus more and everything else less?
Think back on the question above on what you want those closest to you to say at the end of your life. Does it line up with what God wants for your life? If not, what changes can you make to align more with what God wants for you?