- As you reflect on your experiences with the church, have you felt connected like a block in a Jenga tower? Why or why not?
- When you think of your faith life and relationship with Jesus, is it your own personal relationship or do you feel it is reliant on the church and the time you spend there?
- Think back on a time when. your choices affected the lives of people around you. Did your actions reflect a brick that strengthened the tower or weakened it?
- Who is a “wise brick” in your life? Describe one area in your life that they have impacted.
- What is one way that you choose to be different than the world in your daily life? What is one worldly way you could get rid of?
- What kind of brick are you becoming?
- Read Ephesians 2:19-22
You are citizens along with all of God’s holy people. You are members of God’s family. Together, we are his house, built on the foundation of the apostles and the prophets. And the cornerstone is Christ Jesus himself. We are carefully joined together in him, becoming a holy temple for the Lord.
- Read Proverbs 13:20
Walk with the wise and become wise;
associate with fools and get in trouble.
- Read 1 Peter 1:14-16
So you must live as God’s obedient children. Don’t slip back into your old ways of living to satisfy your own desires. You didn’t know any better then. But now you must be holy in everything you do, just as God who chose you is holy. For the Scriptures say, “You must be holy because I am holy.”
Make The Change
You have something to offer the world, the church. Take some time to identify what that something is in you! This week, be conscious about how you are using that trait in your daily life. Try to strengthen the tower instead of weakening it with what you have to offer.
- Take one small step towards becoming a better brick
- Think deeply on things before retweeting them right away
- Ask this simple question to an important Jesus-following person in your life: Which parts of my life don’t look like Jesus? Write them down, pray about them, ask God to change you.