God won't give you more than you can handle
sunday, april 28th, 2019
- Travis opened the message by sharing some of the dumbest things he’s ever said. What’s a moment (or a few!) where you remember saying something super dumb?
- Read 2 Corinthians 1: 8-10. What stands out to you? What questions do you still have?
- Have you ever had the phrase, “God won’t give you more than you can handle,” said to you? How did this make you feel? Have you said it to someone else going through a hard season?
- Even though “God won’t give you more than you can handle” is a nice thing to say to someone, especially when they’re hurting, Travis shared that the Bible shows us that this saying isn’t necessarily true—God WILL give us more than we can handle. How have you seen this to be true in your own life?
- Travis talked about how God tells us it’s okay to be overwhelmed when life gets hard. Talk about a time when you were overwhelmed. Did you feel like the world told you it was okay to feel that way? How is God’s view different from the world’s?
- How has God allowed you to face more than you can handle? In what ways has he shown you there’s nothing too big for Him to handle?