This is My Year pt. 1
sunday, january 6, 2019
- What have been your most successful and least successful New Year’s resolutions?
- When you study the people in the Bible, you start realizing that most of them are pretty imperfect. Who in the Bible do you most identify with? What parts of Peter’s story do you see yourself in?
- Read John 13:33-38 and 18:26-27 together. What parts of this passage stand out to you? What challenges you? What questions do you still have?
- Adam talked about not letting our past define us, but to let it refine us. What does that statement mean to you? In what ways have your past failures refined you?
- One thing that we should try to live out in this new year is giving ourselves a break. But giving ourselves a break doesn’t mean we have a free pass to do whatever we want. Instead it just means that we can’t let our failures keep us from moving forward. How could you begin giving yourself a break in 2019?
- What’s one thing in your life that you’ve been putting off because you keep failing? What can you do to act on that thing this year?