Give what you've got
sunday, march 10th, 2019
- Adam said he collects pennies from random (and sometimes kind of gross) places. What have you collected in your own life and why did you choose to collect that?
- Read John 6:1-14. What parts of this passage stand out to you? What challenges you? What questions do you still have?
- When Jesus sees the 5,000 people that need food he asks Phillip, “What are WE going to do?” When it comes to filling others’ needs, Jesus always finds a way to involve us. In the past, how have you expected someone else to take care of a need instead of filling that role yourself? Are there any “needs” you see right now that you feel God is asking you to help fill?
- Adam said we’re often held back from giving of our time, talent, and treasures because we don’t think they’re good enough, yet Jesus tells us to give what we’ve got. What do you have that Jesus could use?
- When we put our gifts in the hands of Jesus, he multiplies them. How have you seen God multiply your gifts or the gifts of others?
- In terms of finances, Adam challenged us to simply give something and give it consistently. Why do you think consistency in giving is important? What would it look like for you to give something and give it consistently?