Finding peace with God
sunday, march 3rd, 2019
- Is there a specific place where you feel the most at peace? Share with the group.
- Read Romans 7:24-25. What parts of this passage stand out to you? What challenges you? What questions do you still have?
- Adam shared that the “natural person” has false peace. In what ways have you seen yourself experience false peace?
- The “person under rules” experiences no peace because they are constantly falling short or trying to please God. In what ways have you felt like you’ve fallen short of God? How have you tried to please God?
- Adam talked about how the “person under God’s love” experiences peace because they’ve come to realize that they don’t need to please God, they simply need to receive Jesus. What would your life look like if you FULLY understood you were forgiven and under God’s love?
- Which person do you align most with right now: the natural person, the person under rules, or the person under God’s love? Why?