5 Things that Kill your Relationships pt. 5
sunday, november 18, 2018
- Share with the group a funny phobia you might have (spiders, heights, snakes, speaking in public, etc).
- Fear is defined as an emotion we experience when we feel like something bad might happen. If you feel comfortable with the group, share some of your biggest fears.
- We all have fears, but then there are those fears that keep us from starting, renewing, or continuing relationships. What types of fears keep us from the people in our lives?
- We deal with fear using courage, faith, addiction, forgetting, or logic. Which one of these do you personally use to deal with your fears? Share how you’ve done this in the past.
- Read 1 John 4:7-21 together. What parts of this passage stand out to you? What challenges you? What questions do you still have?
- Love is a commitment, but it’s also a feeling. Do you agree with that statement? Why is it important to know that love is both a feeling and a commitment?
- Think about the love that God has for you. How could that love inside of you cast out the fears that you have toward the people around you? How has fear kept you from a current or potential relationships?