Did you hear about ______? We should pray for them.
sunday, May 12th, 2019
- Kids say a lot of dumb things, to their moms and just in general. Talk about some of the dumbest things your kids have said, or that you said as a kid.
- Have you ever heard (or said) the phrase: “Did you hear about _______? We should pray for them”? Talk about when and how you’ve heard that phrase used.
- Adam talked about how Jesus stood with people, instead of talking about them. How can you stand with people when they’re hurting and move away from simply talking about them?
- How have you seen gossip keep people at a distance in your life? Why do you think gossip is hurtful and not helpful?
- What are some ways you can make sure your words are being helpful and not hurtful?
- Why is the phrase “I’m here. Can I pray for you?” more helpful than our original Dumb Christian phrase? How can you begin using this phrase in your everyday life to bring people closer to Jesus?