sunday, june 2nd, 2019
- Do you like the idea of exercising better than actually exercising? If you were to exercise, what’s your favorite kind of activity to do?
- Brian said that many of us think that being a Christian is simply an answer to the question: “Do you believe in Jesus?” Have you ever thought like that before? Why is answering that question “correctly” not enough?
- Read Colossians 2:3-8. What stands out to you about this passage?
- Brian talked about how some of us have been vaccinated from Jesus—we get just enough Jesus to keep us from being infected by all of him. What does this look like in the church today? How does getting just a small dose of Jesus keep us away from having all of him?
- Brian shared that a relationship with God is about more than merely answering a question, instead God wants us to go “deeper still” with Him. What do you think the “deeper” life of a Christian looks like?
- Oftentimes when God asks us to “go deeper” we argue with Him because we think we know what’s best for us. Share about a time when you argued with God when all He wanted was something better for you.