Count the Good
sunday, january 20, 2019
- This message is all about counting, and there’s no one who taught more people to count than “The Count” from Sesame Street. Who’s your favorite character on Sesame Street? Why?
- Goals and resolutions are almost always tied to numbers and counting. What are you counting in your resolutions this year? What’s the number you’re going after? (ex. lose 20 lbs, go to the gym 3 days a week, read 15 books). Why did you choose that number?
- Read Philippians 4:6-8. What parts of this passage stand out to you? What challenges you? What questions do you still have?
- What are the false, wrong, and ugly things in your life that are so easy to count?
- What are the true, right, and lovely things in your life that seem so easy to overlook?
- Adam shared that we naturally gravitate towards counting the bad in our lives over the good. Would you say that’s true for you? Share a story about how one bad thing consumed your whole day and caused you to overlook the good.
- Take a few minutes to write down 10 specific things in your life that are good right now. Share the list with your group.