5 Things that Kill your Relationships pt. 4
sunday, november 11, 2018
- Austin’s two sons were comparing their Halloween candy. Share a memory you have from trick or treating as a kid.
- Comparison will kill anything special. How have you seen this in your own life?
- Comparison is like living in the Land of “er.” We want to be rich-er, strong-er, and happy-er. Share one example from your life where you’ve tried to live in the land of “er.”
- Read Matthew 20:1-16 together. What parts of this passage stand out to you? What challenges you? What questions do you still have?
- Hebrews 12 says that we have to run our own race with God, not someone else's. What are some practical ways you can run your own race and not try to run someone else's?
- Comparison kills but celebration builds. Celebration has a way of killing the comparison in our lives. Who could you celebrate this week and what could you do to kill the desire to compare?