Community Coordinator (Sertoma Campus)
Embrace Church is currently seeking a Community Coordinator for our westside Sertoma Campus. This is a part-time/full-time role (dependent on the candidate) based in Sioux Falls, South Dakota.
This role is all about creating and fostering community at Embrace’s Sertoma Campus. This will be fulfilled by leading the groups ministry, planning and executing community events, and assisting in various campus projects. All of these responsibilities help create a Church community where people feel, known, loved, and built up in their faith.
An ability to meet with people one-on-one, encourage them, and lead them to a next step will be an important skill for this position. While this position is so much about connecting with people, an attention to details is important as well. An attention to detail will be important for the event planning and executing side of this job. Above all, this person will live out the work values of Embrace Church.
- Push the envelope (think fresh & outside of the box)
- Get people there (believe in what we do & get people to show up)
- Get it done (follow through & finish with excellence)
- Develop leaders (find people & release them to lead)
- Make work fun (be genuine & laugh often)
- Develop small group leaders and help groups form
- Develop First Impressions and event leaders
- Research, find, and distribute biblical, relevant, and helpful content for groups
- Assist the team in planning and executing campus events
- Set up & tear down campus events
- Assist the team in planning and executing events outside of Sunday services
- Lead the First Impressions team on Sundays & recruit new volunteers to that ministry
Desired Qualifications & Skills
- Professional leadership experience
- A strong relationship with Jesus
- A desire for personal community with the people of Embrace Church’s Sertoma Campus
- An authentic follower of Christ who is pursuing the Lord with his/her heart, mind, and soul.
- A life growing in all aspects of the fruit of the Spirit (love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self‐control)
- Thinks completely outside of the box and then … makes it happen
- Never pursuing second‐rate, always pursuing excellence in everything
- Hard‐working, but loves to have fun
- Willing to go the extra mile
- Have the ability to create and foster a team environment and sense of unity among team members
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Passionate about reaching the next person for Jesus
- Involved in the heart and life of Embrace (small group, events, etc.)
- Become a partner of Embrace
Embrace offers competitive wages, health, dental, vision and a 403b retirement plan.
To apply: Simply email a cover letter, short statement of faith and resume to email@example.com or mail to: Embrace Church, 2800 E 57th Street, Sioux Falls SD 57108