- What do you think of when you think of prosperity?
- Have you ever lost or had to give up something you loved? When and what was your experience like?
- Do you trust that God will provide for you when it seems impossible? Why or why not?
- What are you waiting on God to provide for you?
Read Exodus 16:1-18
God brought the people of Israel out of Egypt and promised to bring them to a new land where they would prosper. In this chapter, they are wandering in the wilderness before reaching the new land. They start questioning God’s provision and begin to complain about their situation, when God tells Moses that He will rain down food from heaven for them. God gave them specific instructions to gather the manna and quail every day.
35 So the people of Israel ate manna for forty years until they arrived at the land where they would settle. They ate manna until they came to the border of the land of Canaan.
In verse 35, it says the people of Israel ate manna for 40 years, until they finally got to the promised land.
- What do you think the people of Israel were feeling in that 40 years of wandering in the wilderness? Do you think they recognized the manna as provision from God?
- Sometimes God provides in a different way than we want or expect. What can we learn from God while we’re waiting on Him to provide something?
Make The Change
- Take a moment to remember the times that the Lord provided for you in the past and thank Him for it
- Make a list of ways that God has provided for you differently than how you expected or wanted