- When do you feel most at peace?
- The Israelites cycled through having peace in the land, leaving God and having no peace, to returning to Him again. Where are you in that cycle? Do you feel like you have peace from God?
- When was a time in your life you felt God calling you to something bigger? How did you react? Did you feel confident in what God was calling you to? Why or why not?
- Adam said that some of us don’t have peace because we’ve forgotten what God has already done in the past. What is something that God has brought you through that can help give you peace for the future?
Read Judges 6:16
The Lord said to him, “I will be with you. And you will destroy the Midianites as if you were fighting against one man.”
In this passage, God makes it clear that with Him, big things are possible. We go through life relying on our own strength and knowledge, making decisions based on if we feel that we have the strength to carry them out.
- What would you attempt to do if you truly believed God was on your side?
Read Philippians 4:6-7
Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.
- What do you think it means to have peace that “exceeds anything we can understand”?
- How can you use God’s peace to help guard your heart and your mind in this current season?
Make The Change
- Turn your fear into peace. Return to God by:
- Trade the news stations for more time in your Bible
- Trade social media voices for the voice of God
- What else can you do this week to find peace in God?