Attacking back on Anxiety
sunday, february 17, 2019
- Holly shares candidly about her own battle with anxiety and how it feels like trying to get her son, Max, out of bed: “enough is enough!” If you experience anxiety, what has that felt like for you? Share with the group if you’re willing.
- One of the reasons Christians don’t seek professional help with mental health problems like anxiety is because we sometimes feel like going to a counselor means we don’t trust God enough. Can you relate to this mentality? How can you work to realize that getting professional help may be God’s answer to what you’ve been praying for?
- Holly talked about how she plays a game of “Real or Not Real” with her friend when she’s feeling anxious. How do you share your own anxieties and fears with the people closest to you? Do you have at least one friend you can be real with even when it’s scary?
- Can you relate to the statement: “Anxiety begins when I realize I’m not in control and I don’t trust the one who is”? How have you seen this play out in your own life?
- Read Hebrews 4:16. What parts of this passage stand out to you? What challenges you? What questions do you still have?
- The Bible is our sword to use in the battle against anxiety. Which verses that Holly shared resonated the most with you and your own personal struggles? Why? Were there other verses she didn’t talk about that came to mind?