Although there were an endless amount of churches in Sioux Falls… the city was growing and it became clear that there might be a need for another.
With the growing interest for a new church in Sioux Falls, we decided it would be a good test to see if people would actually turn out for a service. With a few emails, calls and a great deal of prayer, 32 of us got together and worshiped for the first time on September 4, 2006… To be honest, we had no clue what the future held (or what we were doing), but we sensed God asking us to follow Him. This group would end up becoming Embrace. Soon after that service, small groups began gathering in homes and we began to meet for worship once a month… seeing new faces each time.
A few highlights in our story:
- July 1st, 2007 – Adam Weber officially became our pastor.
- March 30th, 2008 – Embrace started meeting weekly on Sunday nights.
- April 13th, 2008 – We lifted off and launched as a church.
- September 13th, 2009 – Embrace moved into a new home at 69th & Cliff Avenue.
- February 20th, 2011 – Embrace was officially chartered as a church.
- September 11th, 2011 – Embrace moved into our 57th Street location.
- March 1st, 2012 – We purchased our location on 57th Street.
- September, 2013 – Embrace was recognized by Outreach Magazine as the 40th Fastest Growing Church in America.
- January 12th, 2014 – We launched our Online Campus.
- April 6th, 2014 – We launched our Tea Campus.
- September, 2014 – Embrace was recognized by Outreach Magazine as the 58th Fastest Growing Church in America.
- February 15th, 2015 – We launched our Summit Ave Campus!
- November 8th, 2015 – We launched our 5th campus, our St Croix Campus!
- August 28th, 2015 – Our Summit Ave Campus became our Downtown SF Campus at the Washington Pavilion in Sioux Falls!
- September, 2015 – Embrace was recognized by Outreach Magazine as the 28th Fastest Growing Church in America.
- September 11th, 2016 – We launched our Sertoma Campus!
- September 11th, 2016 – We partnered with our first network church in Salem, SD
Words can’t express what God has done in and through the people at Embrace so far… We’re still not exactly sure what the future holds… we’re just doing our best to continue following after the Lord. We look forward to what God has in store and we’d love for you to become a part of our story.